Home automation systems are devices that allow homeowners to monitor and control their home from remote locations. They are either programmable devices such as thermostats and sprinkler systems, or automation systems that can control all the devices in your home network. By connecting smart devices to a home automation system via WiFi, you can control your smart home devices across all platforms. From opening windows in the living room to opening garage doors—all the way down to adjusting lighting and temperatures—a home automation system can perform one of these functions or more depending on its features.
We reviewed dozens of home automation systems to identify the best of the best. Because home automation systems let you manage your home with the least amount of time and effort, you might be interested to install them in your own home. Fortunately for you, we’ve already looked into which system fits for what need. Find the automation system that suits your lifestyle by checking out the features or prices of each item on the list, then check them out on Amazon.
It will be no surprise to you what our pick for best overall home automation system; the Amazon Echo Plus has been a best seller since its launch and has only gone uphill in both features and popularity. Not only can you have it play you music from wherever you are in your home, you can control so many devices that this home automation system is absolutely the first step to a fully smart house.
The 5 Top-Rated Home Automation Systems
|Best Overall Home Automation System||Amazon Echo Plus||4.7|
|Best Thermostat Home Automation System||NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation||4.2|
|Best Budget Home Automation Systems||Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug||4.3|
|Best Security Home Automation System||Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit – Home Security System||4.4|
|Best Home Automation for a Smart Home||TECKIN Color Changing Smart WiFi Light Bulb||4.3|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Overall Home Automation System: Amazon Echo Plus – Smart speaker with Alexa
The Amazon Echo (2nd Gen)- Smart speaker with Alexa is a voice-controlled speaker that works to connect your home’s smart devices and can create a home that’s fully automated. Thanks to its voice command feature, it can read news, play music, and answer questions. It also comes with seven microphones and beam forming technology, allowing the device to detect your voice in spite of noises or music.
The Echo Plus works with Alexa voice service to answers queries and read audio books, news reports, and sports schedules; it will also play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more via voice command. So no matter how you want your home to be filled with sound, you can make sure you’re doing it hands-free.
With new models or generations of this device, each one became more capable. Now the Amazon Echo Plus has so many reviews spread over each model you can absolutely take assurance in its quality. For this particular generation, second gen, there are still over 65,000 customer reviews and it has a very impressive overall rating of 4.7 stars.
Amazon Echo Plus Smart Speaker with Alexa Key Features:
- Innovative 360º omni-directional audio
- Far-field voice recognition
- Offers tens of thousands of skills (and counting), including playing music, hands-free calling, making to-do lists, tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
Best Thermostat Home Automation System: NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation
The NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation introduces a brighter way to save energy. In fact, studies have shown that it saves an average of 10-12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills.The device also lights up once you enter the room and it can show you the temperature at nearby areas.
The Nest will guide users to choose a temperature range that conserves energy by keeping your home in a temperature zone rather than constantly fighting the outside climate for a specific temperature. It will use a motion detector to automatically turn down the temperature when no one is home to further your energy savings. You can even prepare for your monthly energy bill with the check energy history via the Nest app and it’s compatible with Amazon Echo so you can do the bulk of your control hands-free as well as remotely.
If you’re looking for a smart thermostat, then this is the one. There are well over 14,000 customer reviews with an overall rating of 4.2 stars, there are more than enough satisfied customers to build your confidence and a quick perusal of those reviews will have you sold.
NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation Key Features:
- Remembers desired temperatures and creates Auto-Schedules
- Control your thermostat across all platforms (i.e. phone, tablet, laptop)
- Shows time, temperature and weather
Best Budget Home Automation Systems: Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug
The Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug is an intermediary of a sort that you’ll plug into an outlet then plug the power cord of your lights, appliances, televisions, and more into it. You’ll control the power to the power cord through the plug allowing you to control when its lights off time in your child’s room (for real, and not just when they promise it), and you’ll be able to turn off those lights without the slightly more expensive smart light bulbs.
You can plug in virtually any appliance or system in your home to this smart plug and then control it remotely from your phone. That means you’ll be able to control your lamps, your TV, your radios, even the fans in your bedroom, to have air circulating before bedtime without even being home.
You’ll love the numbers behind this plug, too. With over 14,000 customer reviews on Amazon and an overall rating of 4.3 stars, there’s a strong likelihood that you, too, would be one of the vast majority of satisfied customers, should you purchase this. But by far the best part of this home automation system is the price: You can get one for under $15!
Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – Smart Plug Key Features:
- Easy scheduling for on and off times
- Voice control works with amazon Alexa, google assistant and Microsoft Cortana
- On/Off button on device, as well
Best Security Home Automation System: Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit – Home Security System
The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit – Home Security System works with your smart home seamlessly and will sync with your other Ring products to control them all via the same app. So if you already have a Ring doorbell or a Ring security camera, this kit will make your home above and beyond. With this five-piece set, you’ll get the base station, contact sensor, motion detector, keypad, and range extender for all you need to start monitoring your home. (Though for larger or more encompassing systems, they do also sell kits with more than one of each of these and CO and smoke detectors, as well.)
You can opt for a device that’s more of an alarm and is not monitored, or you can choose a monitoring plan that you pay monthly; the fee starts at around $10 monthly. And because there are no contracts, you can change your mind whenever you want. If you want options when it comes to automating your home’s security, this is the product you’ll want to carefully consider.
Nearly 3,000 customer reviews on this product have earned it an overall rating of 4.4 stars on Amazon, making it a safe buy by nearly any standards. But more than that, if you’re looking to start a home security system that will incorporate into your smart home without the bother of the sleazy alarm system salesmen on the phone or in your home, this is the safe bet.
Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit – Home Security System Key Features:
- 5 kit options available
- Available within listing in conjunction with Echo Dot
- Monthly monitoring available
Best Home Automation for a Smart Home: TECKIN Color Changing Smart WiFi Light Bulb
The TECKIN Color Changing Smart WiFi Light Bulb will let you control the mood of the room automatically by creating themes or brightness to reflect your whims. You’ll be able to control it via the Smart Life app or sync it with your Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or IFTT – no additional hub required. You can verbally turn the lights off while holding a birthday cake without worrying about dropping the cake or the candles burning out while the birthday girl waits.
If you’re looking to convert your home into a “smart” one, you may want to update your thermostat or your security system for the most practical applications, but don’t fool yourself. The absolute first and most impressive smart home system is your lights. If you can update your home’s lights to reflect your mood or the time of day, you’re going to feel as smart as your home is. There’s certainly something to be said for the impressing your guests factor – no other automation has quite the effect that the lights on command does.
If you needed more to sway you on your purchase, keep in mind that on Amazon, these lights have over 1,300 customer reviews and an overall rating of 4.3 stars. And for color light bulbs that are just over $10 each, why even bother resisting the temptation?
TECKIN Color Changing Smart WiFi Light Bulb Key Features:
- 16 million colors and shades
- 7.5 Watts (60W equivalent)
- 30,000+ hours life per bulb
Who Should Buy a Home Automation System
If you’re interested in building a smart home, then you’ll probably be looking to invest in quite a few home automation systems, and the biggest one perhaps will be the hub system that connects all your other systems. Having a smart home is the pinnacle of convenience and is the thing you won’t want to neglect for the opportunities an automated home could bring you. You’ll be able to save time and relieve a bit of stress by taking some of the pressure off you and placing it directly on your home; even if only a few minutes a day is saved, that can really lend towards a more relaxed life. We always say there isn’t enough time in the day, but a fully automated home can give you that time back. You won’t have to worry about going to the curtains and shutting all the blinds if they have a programmed close and open time; no time at all will be spent changing the thermostat when you get home or before bed because those times will be set into a program beforehand.
If you don’t want the whole house connected to the internet and voice operated, that’s still not a deal-breaker on integrating a home automated system or two into your home. Without the hub that connects several devices together, the individual devices will still be a convenience and without the smart “home” you can still have from some specific inconvenience being fixed with automation. For example, a motion sensor in the basement will help you travel safely down the stairs with your hands full – and you wouldn’t necessarily call a home with just that a “smart home.” A plug that will keep your hot water heater off when you’re on vacation and turn it back on just before you get back – a big convenience that is well worth it. If you have a child that keeps breaking curfew, then you can set up a motion sensor light or even camera to make sure you know exactly when they’re home. Even a smart thermostat, while a bit more likely to create the feel of a fully automated home, will be worth it to reap the rewards of a smaller energy bill. If you have a specific electronic annoyance or tiresome chore in your day-to-day, there’s every possibility that there’s an automated system to make it easier on you.
Important Features to Consider
A home automation system should do several things. Here’s what to consider when selecting an automation system for your home:
- Hub. While a lot of the systems you can control automatically will be independent, finding a hub that controls them all is undeniably the most convenient way to automate your home. This alone may not be the be-all, end-all for your smart home but without a hub that you connect your other smart devices to, your home is much more complicated than it needs to be. If you want something that will connect all your devices under one automated system, a hub will be the universal controller for which you’re looking. And, fortunately, a lot of the hubs that you get won’t just connect your other devices, but also offer some amazing features, as well. You may consider the Amazon Echo a hub, but it will still read your news and play your music, as will the bulk of its competitors. Some devices have their own hub that will communicate with your home automation hub, and while that can get tricky, it does make it possible for you to use those devices without the additional hub.
- Plugs. The beauty of smart plugs is the versatility. Literally anything that uses a power cord to plug into your 110 volt outlet can be controlled by the smart plug and remotely through your phone or through your voice and a hub, if you connect it. That means when you say your child is not allowed to watch television between the hours of 8 pm and 8 am, you mean it. You can turn it off remotely without even confronting them, with a program or remotely. You’ll be able to use lamps the same way as you would smart light bulbs, with just a few extra steps in the set up, but with big overall savings on the initial investments. (Though the light bulbs can do colors far better, so keep that in mind, too.)
- Security systems. By updating a security system to make it automated, you’re not just making it more convenient, you’re also making it more secure. The security system that allows you to control it remotely will let you make sure your home and family are safe, even if you’re not there and offers more comfort than you can get with a standard system. You can find systems with cameras to monitor your home and record the comings and goings, even when you’re not there or when you’re asleep. (So no more sneaking in and lying about if your kids are routinely breaking curfew.)
- Sounds. The first thing you think of when you think of your smart home’s speakers will often be music, but smart speakers will be able to do so much more. You can connect wireless speakers to your WiFi or access it through your mobile device via Bluetooth to play virtually any sound you can think of; that means you can connect your television for a more immersive surround sound effect and use that same device to play your audible book, as well. You can even have the device play white noise for your baby in the nursery when nothing else seems to work. The smart speakers will definitely come in handy.
- Thermostats. If you choose the device that will most benefit your home to update first, you’ll probably be getting a smart thermostat. By just creating a schedule, you’ll be able to save a fortune on your energy bill. You can plan for the range of your preferred temperatures to alternate between narrow range while you’re home to keep your family comfortable (say, 68-72 degrees F, for example) and for times when no one is home, you can widen the range up a bit so you’re not wasting energy (and money) by cooling a house that has no one home. You’ll especially like controlling the temperature (and humidity on several models) remotely so that when you come home from vacation, you won’t have to wait for the heat to kick on to feel comfortable in your own home.
- Locks. Though it may seem like smart locks go hand in hand with security systems (in fact, we even have them grouped together in our list below), the locks merit a few specific features highlighted. A smart lock can turn your regular dead bolt lock into a smart one by placing a device atop the locking mechanism to control it remotely from an app or verbally through a smart device hub of some kind. If you’d like to start fresh, installing a smart lock will work a bit more seamlessly, if that convenience is worth the extra cost to you as they do tend to have a slightly steeper cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a home automation system and how does it work?
Home automation systems are any system or devices that makes your home a more convenient one which can be programmed to function automatically. That means you can set a system or piece of equipment and forget it entirely. The automation systems will integrate your every day devices with one another to create a “smart home” that you can control remotely and without manually operating them. For example, a light automation system will be controlled through your voice and a hub, or through an app on your mobile device rather than a light switch. That may seem like an extra step but consider how many times you’ve had to go back downstairs to turn the garage light off after already getting into bed and you can begin to see the benefits of an automated home. As automation gains popularity, more and more of our electronic devices are being automated and the future will likely have very few electronics we have to manually control.
The most common control type for an automated home is a hub that will play your music, connect to your phone, read audio books, tell you the weather, and relay the news. Though others are gaining popularity, the Amazon Echo is still the most common; as of Jan 2019, Amazon has sold over 100 million Alexa enabled devices. Besides these type of hubs, it’s probably most common to expand on your smart home with smart light bulbs, whether it be the big name of Phillips Hue, or another that will let you control your light’s color, brightness, and theme with voice or app. The thermostat will be the best upgrade for your home’s efficiency and possibly the one you’ll see the best return on, saving you money every single month. An automated security system will allow you to customize and control your home’s security with such convenience anywhere in the world that it can’t be an upgrade you ignore, either. To go hand-in-hand with the security systems is an automated doorbell camera, as well.
Beyond those systems, there will also be easy upgrades that aren’t as big of a financial investment, either. Among those systems are smart locks that lock remotely via your voice controlled hub or an app; you can also get remote controls that will let you control all your smart devices from one controller. There are a few niche home automation systems that you’ll encounter that are fun upgrades you won’t often see in homes you visit. You can control the blinds, opening and closing them automatically, as well as monitoring your water quality, testing it automatically.
A lot of home automation systems will operate independently, making it ultra easy for you to control without any additional purchases. However, smart home systems are like potato chips: you can’t really have just one. Because of that, you’ll definitely benefit from getting one device to control them all. There are a few different hubs, and some sync better than others, so you’ll want to make sure whatever you’re getting is one that syncs with the devices you want. Even if originally the idea is just “pie in the sky” type of dreaming, the costs on smart home devices are becoming more and more reasonable over time and you won’t want to find yourself with a device that can’t connect to the functions you best like. That is, you don’t want a budget hub that controls your monthly music service, but then have to buy a separate hub later on to handle your smart light bulbs. For that reason, we still recommend getting one of the three big named hubs; Amazon Echo, Google Home, or Apple Homepod. Though, it’s important to note that there are a lot of competitors that will give you the same kind of benefits with a bit less cost up front, and the competitors are gaining capability and reliability almost daily.
What are the benefits of home automation?
While we will absolutely detail you some of the benefits, we couldn’t possibly include them all and they will generally all be subheadings under the biggest benefit of all home automation: Convenience. Home automation systems make controlling the electronics in your home easier and the easier it is to operate your home, the more you can do with your time. Whether you choose to use that time doing other chores or take the few minutes to relax, that time is something you’ve reclaimed. Even if all you do is go about your morning a bit slower to start your day feeling more calm, then that’s still a big help for you.
You can control your lights, security, temperature, music, television – really anything you can plug in is something you can control with a smart plug. That means you can make sure your child isn’t sneaking down to watch TV after bedtime by switching it off via the plug’s app (or your hub if you have one synced with the plug). You can use your voice to turn on lights as you head to the kitchen in the morning, freeing your arms to carry your baby to his morning bottle or install motion sensors to the mudroom so that you can walk into your house with your arms full of groceries and not need to worry about tripping in the dark. You can check the news by having it read to you while you’re showering, or have an alarm wake you up playing your favorite song; even you children will benefit from having their bedtime stories read by an automated voice, should your one, two, or ten stories be insufficient for them.
Other Home Automation Systems We Reviewed
We looked at 45 other home automation systems. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best home automation systems list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your home. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
- Home Automation Systems for a Smart Home
- Thermostat Home Automation Systems
- Security Home Automation Systems
Home Automation Systems for a Smart Home
The Control4 SR-260 Remote provides an immersive one-room entertainment experience with just the click of a button. Whether it’s watching a movie with friends or playing a videogame, the system lets you enjoy your home in the best way possible.
- Control shades, thermostats, door locks, audio gear, video gear and more
- Supports up to 10,000 consumer devices
- Controlled via a smartphone, tablet, touch screen, keypad or remote.
- One button-press to control all smart devices
- Supports streaming devices and airplay
Sign-up for a free smart home consultation on the website.
The Crestron CP3-Series Control System is a high speed and high performance home automation system. It is managed with the IP-based-3-Series platform. To make your life easier, the device controls and integrates all technologies throughout your smart home systems.
- Next generation control system
- 3-Series control engine
- Exclusive modular programming architecture
- Built-in 512MB RAM & 4GB flash memory
- Up to 1TB storage
Crestron’s full-home automation system allows you to manage your home simply and effortlessly. The system can integrate and control existing devices and appliances, including your security cameras, entertainment system, home lighting and more.
- Controls and integrates all smart devices in your home
- Receive notifications and alerts when suspicious activities are detected
- View security cameras remotely
- Enjoy an immersive movie-watching environment
- Customizable daytime and nighttime presets
- Manage your entire home system in any iOS or android device
Send an inquiry on the website.
The small, user-friendly and multi-purpose device enables you to control all smart home devices from anywhere in the world. With the free mydlink Home app, you can turn gadgets on or off, monitor energy consumption, create schedules and customize notifications,. This way, you can manage your home even when you are away from home.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Create on/off schedules for your devices via your smartphone
- Easy installation
- Works with most Home devices and the free mydlink Home app
- Electrical rating of 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W (for indoor use)
- IFTTT compatible
Google Home is a voice-controlled speaker that allows you to control all the smart devices in your home. With a simple voice request, the device can manage your schedule, answer your questions and play your music.
- Control alarms, lights, speakers, thermostats
- Provides schedule for the day and snippets about the day
- Listen to music or podcasts and watch TV
- Provides information on flights, individual stock prices, local places, news, nutrition, sports, traffic, weather and answers to everyday questions,
- Play a game with the Assistant
- Sends notifications on individual stock prices
- Shop for items from favorite stores
HomeTroller S6 is HomeSeer’s main controller. It includes a remote cloud-service that allows you to control your devices with any smartphone or tablet. It can control light switches, thermostats, door locks, audio and video equipment, cameras, garages doors, water valves, energy monitors and so much more!
- Integrated with Z-Wave, Insteon, X10 software plug-in and much more
- Integrated app store with more than 170 drivers
- Includes free access to MyHomeSeer Remote cloud service
- Robust event “engine’ allows for automation rules with unlimited triggers, conditions and actions
The HomeTroller-SEL controls devices that are compatible with Z-wave technology. The device can be used with free HSTouch mobile apps via Apple or android devices. With its reliable automation engine, you can create and save events and scenes. Thermostats can also be adjusted when the room is occupied and lights can turn on automatically even without any effort. In addition, its text to speech function delivers notifications and reminders regarding energy consumption, temperature, luminance, water leaks and more.
- Enables remote access to smart home devices via the free HSTouch mobile app
- Compatible with Z-Wave light switches, thermostats, door locks and sensors
- User-friendly automation engine for event and scene Creation
- Receive customized email and text alerts via any Android or Apple device
Knocki is a wireless device that enables you to manage your home the simplest way possible. Once it is attached to a surface, you can easily access and control your home environment.
- Control lights, thermostat, locks, security
- Receive notifications regarding activities
- Sends notifications to family members once someone leaves or arrives
- Sends notifications when mail or packages are delivered in the mailbox
- Play music
- Automatically sets alarm
- Starts coffee machine once you wake up
Order from the website.
The LIFX bulb is controlled by an easy to use app that is designed to customize the lights in your smart home.It can integrate with products such as Amazon Echo, Nest and SmartThings; as well as save scenes and schedules for your everyday lighting.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Easy installation and includes Built-in Wi-Fi no
- Adjustable to over 1000 whites
- Brightness is equivalent to a 60W bulb
- App and cloud controls
- Works with Nest and SmartThings
Logitech Harmony Home Control integrates and controls all devices via the Harmony remote or mobile app. It delivers top-notch home automation via one-touch experiences such as ‘welcome home’ or ‘good night.’ It is compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice controls.
- Compatible with Alexa for voice control
- One-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices
- Includes full home entertainment controls and home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets users control devices and game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- Works with over 270,000 devices, including TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more
Lutron Smart Bridge allows personalized control of smart home devices via the free Lutron app.
- Compatible with Alexa and Siri
- Automatically adjusts devices at specific times
- Creates scenes that are convenient for everyday routines
- Supports up to 50 devices and works with Alexa, Apple Homekit, Ecobee, Nest, Honeywell, Logitech, Sonos, Serena shades & more
Netatmo Welcome is an innovative camera with face recognition technology. Not only can you keep an eye on your loved ones, but you can also view the faces of guests and strangers as they enter your home.
- Includes face recognition technology
- Private and safe local storage on microSD card
- No video storage fees
- Free video access across all platforms (i.e. laptop, smartphone)
- Records HD 1080p videos with extensive 130 Degree field of view and superior night vision
Make lighting an extraordinary experience with Philips Hue. Flash colors of light every time you win a game, programs lights to dance with the beat of the music and choose from 16 million colors of light. With smart lighting, anything is possible.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice control
- Works with Apple HomeKit, Nest and SmartThings
- Includes 3 color LED light bulbs and a bridge that wirelessly connects up to 50 lights
- Ability to control your lights from any mobile device via the Philips Hue App.
- 2nd Generation kit includes brighter bulbs (upgraded from 600 to 800 lumens) and increased internal storage for lighting scenes.
- Choose from 16 million colors of light.
- Sync your lights with music, TV and games
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller is the best way to water your plants. Not only can it create water schedules based on weather forecasts and irrigation science, but it can also reduce your water bill by up to 50%.
- Monitor and adjust sprinkler system from a phone, tablet or laptop.
- Automatically optimizes water schedules based on local weather forecasts and changing seasons
- Save up to 50% of your outdoor water use
- EPA WaterSense Certified
- Uses yard details, advanced watering algorithms and irrigation science to create accurate schedules
- Integrates with Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Nest
- Install in 30 minutes or less.
The RainMachine relies on weather data from reliable data sources NOAA and GOV to ensure that your plants get the right dose of water. Plus, it can save you up to 80% of water monthly, allowing you not stress out your water bill.
- Save water with daily weather adjustments.
- Connects to Netatmo, Personal Weather Stations, NOAA, METNO or Wunderground to create a data-backed weather network
- Controlled with iPhone and Android, PC
- EPA WaterSense certified
- Compatible with Alexa, Nest, WINK and SmartThings through IFTTT.
- Works even when Wifi is turned off.
SmartThings controls your smart home with the free SmartThings app. It can offer notifications about security, energy usage or lighting regardless of your location. Since it is compatible with a wide variety of smart devices from different companies, users can integrate it with SmartThings sensors or other popular Z-Wave, ZigBee, or Internet-connected products.
- Wirelessly controls smart devices and creates a variety of different scenarios for home gadgets
- Compatible with more than 200 devices
- Works with SmartThings app or Amazon Alexa to control your smart home.
- Enable smart devices to adjust, turn on or off when you’re asleep, awake, away, and back home.
- Requires an Internet-connected router with an available Ethernet port
- Requires the free SmartThings app for iOS (8.1 or later), Android (4.0 or later), or Windows Phone (8.1 or later)
Add smartness to your home with the Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor. The device has the ability to monitor the arrival or departure of your family members. When combined with Samsung SmartThings Hub, it can automatically turn smart home devices on or off once you enter a room.
- Receive notifications when people and pets arrive or leave the house
- Allow devices to automatically run once you enter or leave a room
- Receive notifications when loved ones are late
Savant is a full home automation system. It works with the Savant Remote which be personalized for each family member. It can control more than 380,000 devices via the remote or voice command.
- Controls more than 380,000 entertainment devices.
- Provides individual profiles for family members and enables them to have their own personalized remote.
- Stream music and watch favorite shows at any moment.
- Controls TVs, Smart TVs, cable and satellite, streaming devices, av receivers, blu-ray and dvd players, game consoles, projectors, wireless speakers, soundbars, lighting, and HDMI switchers.
- Control appliances via a personalized remote or voice command
- Set the mood for your home and capture the scene for future use
- Turn smart devices on or off with just one tap
View products on the website.
Sonos is a wireless home sound system that plays your favorite music. Use the app to to stream songs in specific rooms or the whole house.
- Play multiple songs in multiple rooms
- Install in five minutes with home Wi-Fi.
- Wirelessly Stream from music services like Prime Music Unlimited, Pandora, Apple Music, and Spotify.
- Sleek design allows it to fit in at any room
Experience smart lighting without the hassles of installation with Switchmate. The device magnetically attaches to existing light switches and it requires no configuration, tools, wiring or WiFi. Plus, it can be easily transferred around or outside the home.
- Control lights remotely through a smartphone
- Lights automatically turn on
- One-second installation without tools, wiring, or Wi-Fi
- Timers turn lights on/off even when you’re away
- Attaches magnetically to light switches
- Manual wall switch control
URC improves the management of your home by enabling you to adjust all your devices with an easy-to-use remote control system or app. The remote can be personalized for every member of the family, while the app can be used as an alternative.
- Control home entertainment, lighting, home security and climate
- Save energy
- Customize lighting at different times of the day
- Customized remote devices for every member of the family
Find a dealer on the website.
VeraEdge Controller is the center of a smart home. With modes such as home, away, night and vacation, you can easily control and adjust all your devices with one touch. It also notifies you whenever a friend or family arrives home.
- Works with Wi-fi and Z-wave
- Compatible with most brands & models such as Nest, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, Philips Hue & more
- Remote access to homes and facilities with one-touch settings
- View multiple cameras on the dashboard.
- Controls up to 220 devices
- The app controls the entire system across multiple platforms (PC/ Mac/ iOS/ Android Smartphones, Tablets and Desktops).
WeMo Light Switch offers intelligent lighting. Once it’s installed in your circuit, you can control all lights at once or schedule them to turn on or off at specific times of the day.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control
- Works with any one-way connection light.
- Control apps via the Wemo app
- No hub or subscription required.
- Works with Nest Thermostat to auto-schedule lights
The Wink Hub allows easy control and customization of smart products via the Wink App. The app’s beautiful interface allows you remote access to your smart home devices. Its three-step installation is easy and you can successfully set it up after a few minutes.
- Easy installation and customization
- Controls all smart products via Wink app
- No required monthly fees
- Clean and attractive app interface
- Allows remote access to smart home devices
- Works with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Lutron ClearConnect, Kidde
The Wink Hub 2 makes the home life faster, secure and more productive. Its high-end processor and increased memory enables you to efficiently run your home—from anywhere in the globe.
- Auto-discovery and a revamped setup process
- Connect your products seamlessly with Wi-Fi radio and Ethernet port
- Stronger processor and increased memory
- Sleek design
Thermostat Home Automation Systems
The Alarm.com Smart Thermostat seamlessly adjust the temperatures in your home via Alarm.com. It can customize schedules, perform location-based automation and send alerts and. It works with the Alarm.com Temperature Sensor ADC-S2000-T-RA to improve climate control and conserve energy (sold separately).
- Remote Access and Control
- Custom Schedules
- Critical Temperature Alerts and Geo-Services Automation
This thermostat plays well with others – it’s compatible with all your favorite smart home hubs from the Amazon Echo to Google Assistant and more.
- Kit available in listing
- 30 minute installation
- Power Extender Kit (for homes with no common wire)
You’ll be able to control this thermostat from the touchscreen or from the system app on your smart phone, from wherever you have an internet connection.
- 2 colors available
- 30 minute installation
- 7-day flexible scheduling
This smart thermostat is easily programmed for your schedule on either the touchscreen, a voice controlled synced hub, or via the app on your mobile device.
- Echo Dot available with listing
- Customizable humidity and temperatures
- Power Extender Kit (for homes with no common wire)
Lyric not only adjusts to your preferred temperature, but also adapts to your schedule. This means that as you head home from work, Lyric automatically warms up your home.
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit(TM), Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT
- Allows voice control with Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit
- Adjusts humidity and temperature
- Provides smart notifications as soon as there are filter changes and extreme temperatures
With this smart thermostat, you’ll still be able to control your home’s temperature remotely for even base board heating.
- No additional hardware needed
- High / Line Voltage Compatible: Works with Baseboard Heaters
- Integrates with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit and IFTTT
The 7-day programming feature of this smart thermostat will let you copy and paste each day to the next for an easy set-up.
- Hold function: override program temporarily
- Backlit screen
- Works with gas, oil or electric furnaces, central air conditioners, 2 wire hot water systems, millivolt systems, central heating and cooling systems, and heat pumps without auxiliary/backup heat
Security Home Automation Systems
The August Smart Lock allows you to manage the security of your home. With its auto-lock and auto-unlock feature, combined with its ability to customize access for guests, you can rest assured that your home stays safe and secure.
- Allows keyless access to rooms
- Controlled with iOS and Android smartphones
- Easy DIY Retrofit Install
- Customize the guests access and time period of access
- Powered by batteries and can work without Wifi or power
The Belkin NetCam provides a vivid 720p HD video of the events in your home. With its wide-angle glass lens, night vision, and secure Wi-fi connection you can stay worry-free, with the knowledge that your home is safe and secure. The device includes a built-in microphone that lets you communicate with friends, guests and pets from a remote location.
- Supports WeMo products
- Premium HD wide-angle glass lens for clear viewing day or night
- Set up the camera from your mobile devices in just mere minutes.
- Night vision filter
- Secure connection: NetCam HD+ only connects to our secure servers
- Provides email alerts and notifications
- Includes built in push-to-talk microphone that allows you to remotely monitor the front door
- Not compatible with Amazon Echo
Canary delivers a complete security system with just one device. Its 1080p HD Camera and intelligent video notifications are designed to provide you with a reliable update on the everyday activities in your home.
- View real-time video of your home with Canary’s 1080p HD camera, 147 degree wide-angle lens, automatic night vision, and high-quality audio
- Ensure the safety of your home with Canary’s 90+ dB siren, motion-activated recording, auto-arm/disarm, and instant access to local authorities
- Monitor air quality, temperature, and humidity
- Receive video notifications on your iOS or Android device
- No Installation/Contracts/Monthly Fees Required
The Dropcam Pro is a cloud-based Internet Wi-Fi video service that lets you remotely monitor the safety of the ones you love. When combined with Cloud Video Recording (CVR), you can view recorded footage back from the past month.
- 60 Second Setup: Connect to Wi-Fi via computer or iOS mobile device or live stream from the Dropcam security camera in less than a minute
- Includes 130 degrees diagonal view and Zoom and Night Vision
- Connect with Two-Way Talk, Alerts, Scheduling and apps
- Records up to 30 days of footage.
- View cloud recording timeline of security footage
Frontpoint is a full-home automation system that gives you unprecedented control of all devices with just one touch. It comes with intrusion sensors and cameras that can inform and defend you when signs of trouble are detected. It can also be used to control utilities, lights, doors and locks.
- 100% Wireless and Cellular
- Remote Access and Control
- Instant Security Alerts
- Easy DIY Installation
- Portable System That Moves With You
- 30-Day, 100% Risk-Free Trial
Request for a free quote on the website.
The iSmartAlarm App enables you to monitor and control your security system from any location. The app can even inform you on the arrival and departure of your family members.
The app notifies you via SMS, phone calls and notifications when there is unauthorized activity, It comes with an optional camera that allows you to view your home during break-ins. The iSmart Alarm package includes: 1 CubeOne Hub, 3 Window/Door Sensors, 1 Motion Sensor, 1 Remote Tags, 2 Stickers (for a yard or window).
- Controlled via IOS & Android smartphone
- Ideal for homes with more doors or windows
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) and self-monitored product with no monthly fee
- Provides notifications and email alerts when the system is turned off
- Easy to add on Door/Window Sensors, Motion Sensors, Sirens, Smart Switch and HD Cameras
Piper nv lets you know security of your household—especially when you’re away from home. With its wireless portable security system and high-resolution cameras, you can rest assured that your family is family is safe and sound at any time of the day.
- No contracts or monthly fees required
- High resolution 180-degree immersive view camera with night vision
- Ability to show live and recorded videos
- Motion/sound detection, temperature/light/humidity sensors, 2-way audio and 105 dB siren
- Simple setup and easy to use,
- Provides notifications via text/email
- High grade SSL video encryption
- Connects with Z-Wave wireless gadgets
- Includes auto-rearms to capture multiple events and pet adjustable motion detection
Manage your home even when you’re on the go with Protection 1’s home automation system. Always stay connected with your home’s security system, door locks, lighting, thermostats and cameras by using the mobile app.
- Arm or disarm security system remotely
- Lock or unlock doors remotely
- Receive text alerts and email notifications
- View live security video
- Control lights and thermostat
Request for a quote on the website.
For an addition to your home security that will never have you guessing when or where a package on your doorstep came from, you’ll definitely want to try the Ring doorbell.
- 2 color options
- Live-vide, on-demand
- Includes Lifetime Theft Protection
RTI offers state-of-the art home automation. With its ability to control all smart home devices, combined with its ability to maximize and conserve energy, you can effortlessly manage your home with just one touch.
- Controls audio, lighting, security, electronics and HVAC in one interface
- Plays audio anywhere in your home
- One-touch control system
- Reduce energy costs and maximize energy conservation
- Adjust lighting scenes
Request for a free quote on the website.
With Schlage Connect, you have a security that is unparalleled. The device store up to 30 personalized codes. It also has fingerprint-resistant touchscreen that ensures that intruders won’t find out the password based on your fingerprints. In short, it’s not just a lock. It’s the lock, loaded.
- Touch Screen keypad and lock cylinder on exterior and thumb turn interior
- Stores up to 30 personalized user codes
- Built-in alarm with 3 alert settings
- Battery operated and fit standard door prep
- ANSI Grade 1 Highest Residential Security
- Durable Resistive Touchscreen with matte finish
With Yake Keyless Connected, you will never have to worry about keys again. Lock and unlock your home either with a backlit touch screen keypad or a smartphone. You can also generate up to 250 unique codes with your family and friends.
- Requires only a screwdriver to Installed the doors
- Backlit and capacitive Touchscreen Keypad
- Construct up to 250 unique pin codes
- Connects with smart home using Yale network module
- 9V Battery backup
Vivint streamlines all your smart devices in one home automation system. After installation, you can seamlessly control your smart home with the Vivint Smart Home app.
- Facilitates communication for all your home automation products
- Control smart home devices with voice control or the Vivint Smart Home app
- Auto-adjust to preferred setting and readjust to conserve energy
- Monitors with Vivint Ping Camera
- Provides notifications when guests enter a room
- Speak to visitors in your door even away from home with the Vivint Doorbell Camera
- Control garage doors with the Vivint Smart Home Cloud
Request for a quote on the website.